Sunday 5 February 2012

Life is unpredictable...

Monday January 23rd, a day to be etched in my memory forever. It was not a typical day.  The past year I had a year of "ME"-having been laid off from my TV promo producing job after 10 years, I decided to take time out and regroup. I had days filled with coffee chats with old friend catch ups, long 10K walks along the lakefront everyday with my chocolate beagle Soca, stess free days with no one to tell me what to do, it was a chance to enjoy my life and truly appreciate time to rest my mind, body and spirit. Once November hit though, got my confidence and mojo back and decided to actively seek work-my husband Gary needless to say was relieved and happy with this decision! As 2012 rang in-employers were starting to call and I was going for interviews. Back to that fateful day....Monday...I had got a new outfit and was ready to conquer the world and this job prospect with all guns loaded. My husband drove me to the interview which went well. I jumped into the car and we were talking about the interview and how our day later on would unfold.  Suddenly from nowhere, a large pick up truck made an illegal left turn as we were going straight and we hit it head on! My car switched direction after and we hit another mini van head on sitting waiting for light to change. Thankfully no one was killed. Smoke came into my car and I grabbed the door handle and attempted to step out for fresh air but realized my right foot did not seem to be connected so I collapsed on the road from shock. I thought my husband had died but there he was asking me if was okay-did I ever say an husband can look like an Angel sometimes? I told him could not move. The ambulance came and separated us as I was rushed to hospital. The paramedic handed my cell phone from my husband so that we could stay in contact. Thank God for cell phones. This was one of the most scariest moments in my life. So the story of Broke Ankle Mountain begins....one broke ankle as I was soon to find what was the end result  and one mountain to climb as I chronicle the days and months ahead of this crazy journey that lies ahead of me. As you read on-just remember each and everyday to hug someone, love someone, help someone and never go to sleep angry-it might just be your last day on earth.....fortunately it wasn't mine so I can keep blogging....

No comments:

Post a Comment